Thursday, March 6, 2008

year in review

I have been meaning to do this for a while. My hope was to do it on his birthday, but that didn't happen. At least I am doing it before he turns 13 mths. Anyways I thought I would just take a blog to dedicate to how big he has grown this past year. Each month we take a picture with a Bear that was given to us before he was born. Wow, has the bear gotten smaller. I know I have shown some of these pictures before, and some of these pictures aren't the best ones we taken of him that month, but I think it is fun to be consistent.

less than one week old
One month
Two Months
three months
Four months
five months
Six months Seven months

Eight months












Nine months





ten months
Eleven Months


Twelve Months!!!



At our 12 mth check up Jacob weighted 23lbs 8 oz, was 32 in tall, and had a head circumference of 17.75 inches. He is doing so well. Our Pediatrician now wants us to see a Peds allergist, since he is now eating all table foods (yep,no baby foods). So we see him at the end of March. Hopefully he'll say he has or will soon out grow many of his food allergies.

He is walking, oops I mean running, everywhere. He really enjoys playing basketball. It is so cute, he carries the ball to the corner, drops it, picks it back up and runs to the hoop his babysitter got him for his birthday, slam dunks it, and then claps to cheer himself on. He has really enjoyed the last couple weeks videos such as praise baby, and Boz the bear. They are able to slow this little man down for a little while.

He is such a daddy's boy right now. He cries when Michael leaves and follows him to the door. He was searching the house the other day saying Dada Dada.

He is trying to be very independent. He won't eat unless we let him feed himself. Which as you can guess is very messy. He still loves his babysitter Terry, and doesn't really want to go home from her house. I think he enjoys playing with the other kids too much. He also now faces forward in his car seat, and loves to have mommy play his veggie tales CD in the car. With his independence he has also started throwing temper tantrums. I can't wait till he outgrows those.

Wow, a lot has changed in the Watts household this past year and we are loving every minute of it. We can't wait till this summer when we get to really enjoy the outdoors.

PS: Sorry about the layout, something went weird with blogger and I can't figure out how to fix it.

1 comment:

Scott, Emily, Cara and Will said...

Great post! It is so neat to see him change over the year! We really must do a playdate soon! I think the kids would love it.