Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's day

So 1 year ago, I celebrated my first mothers day. Oh at that point I really enjoyed my new role as a mother. Little did I realize, how much I would love it. Jacob has changed my world. He is one of the best things that have every happened to me (second only to my loving husband). Nothing can describe how much love I have for him. He is the hardest job I have ever had but also the most rewarding. His smiles, hugs, open mouth kisses, and giggles are the best gifts I have ever received. I love the way he runs at me and tries to tackle me, I love seeing him discover new things, and have so much joy for his accomplishments. I hurt so much when he cries or doesn't feel well. I do have to say I get to share this parenting experience with the best partner of all. I have a wonderful husband that makes me feel like a treasure, and constantly is my support. As I feel I don't really know what I am doing, but trying to do the best I can to raise my son to be an honorable godly man someday.
I have the best examples of mothering through my own Mother (who really is the best in the world), and my grandparents. They have showed me what it means to be God-Fearing women, and to really show love. Not to mention are willing to give advice and support when I need it.
So with that said, I had a fabulous mother's day. My parents came down and we cooked out (in our garage due to the rain). I got Mario Kart Racing for the Wii. I never thought I would ever receive a video game as a gift, but it is perfect. Since Michael and I don't get to get out very much any more we have come to treasure our time at home together when Jacob goes to bed. A pastime lately has been playing the Wii. While Michael plays it way more than I ever will. I truly enjoy getting that time together doing something we both enjoy.
After my parents left, I got the best gift of all from that day.

I got to cuddle with my son. For those of you that don't know, I can't keep Jacob still anymore, so it was a treasure having him cuddle with me before he went to bed.



No comments: