Friday, April 2, 2010

2 months and random pictures

Wow time is flying. Elijah is two months old and has already been on his first vacation. I know when Jacob was little I thought that he grew too fast too, but I feel like Elijah is growing even faster than Jakers. It could be that I have more on my plate then I did with Jacob. I have two to run after and care for instead of just one, and when I say run I mean run. Jacob has so much energy- it is amazing when he finally slows down.At Elijah's two month appointment he was 25 inches long (95%) weighed 12 lbs 14 oz (75%) and his head circumference was 15.5 inches (30%). If I recall correctly that is very similar to the growth pattern that Jacob had- but Jacob's stuff is in storage. I can't wait till we have all our stuff in our own house. Elijah is so much fun now. He loves to smile, and coo. He sucks on everything and drools constantly. He loves his big brother and his big brother loves him. Almost every morning Jacob doesn't want to do anything until he has held Elijah for even a moment. However, Elijah is definitely a Momma's boy right now. Even leaving him with a babysitter for a little while (grandma, grandpa, or even Daddy) is troublesome for the babysitter. He usually calms right down for Momma. He recognizes my voice in the room. Makes me feel good, but also a little bit overwhelmed with feeling tied down. It makes it hard to get away and to do something special with just Jakers and I. Pretty soon though, Elijah will have to get use to it as I head back to work. I am sure it will be an adjustment for all of us.

For Valentines day, The boys got these shirts. I have attempted to take pictures before but they didn't cooperate, then they decided to one day but then Jacob just woke from his nap and has bed head and morning face. Oh well, Aren't they the cutest in their matching brother shirts. :)

Both Boys love to be read too. It is funny, Jacob will continue to keep bringing me books. I love that they love to read like their daddy.
I will post vacation pictures in another blog post if I ever get a chance- You know I lag a little behind.



1 comment:

Jessica said...

wowzers! you updated, a while ago and i just saw it...glad to see some more pictures of jacob and elijah. they are precious. hope to see you soon!